UPDATE: Yeah, I’m a half-century old now, and I still haven’t gotten through this list. Oh well. It’s still a good list, at least I think so. Play along if you like
This is the compilation of my 47 challenges for my 47th year. I’m still deciding how I want to track these, because for some reason it seems like a good idea to do so. After all, it’s hard to reach a goal if you don’t have mileposts along the way, right?
Some of these are daily or almost daily challenges, some are weekly, some are “do better at this” types of things, and some are one shot deals. Others don’t really fit neatly into any of those categories, like learning a new skill.
I’m thinking that the daily and weekly goals could go on a spreadsheet, so I could check them off as I complete them. I do love checking off boxes! I’ll let you know what I come up with, but in the meantime here they are, all in one list.
1. Get at least one piece of writing published, in print, not via internet
2. Commit to eating home cooked meals at least four times a week (eMeals is helping with this one, check them out!)
Leave the house in plenty of time to not rush every morning
Read 47 books
Start a writing group Joined a really good one!
Reconnect with old friends
7. Take my meds
everyday until I no longer need them
8. Use the treadmill at least once a week (hey, you have to start somewhere!)
9. Try Zumba (even though I have two left feet)
10. Finish the charity quilt on my sewing table (I can’t believe this is STILL on my list)
11. Finish one UFO (unfinished object) per month (this would mostly be quilts)
Eat more fruit
Eat more vegetables
Drink less soda
Teach my son to drive (eeeeeeek!)
Take the dog to the dog park at least once a week She hates the dogpark now, it stresses her out.
Finish the office to make it a nice place to work (clear out clutter and organize)
Donate unused items (just dropped off a bunch of items today but there’s more to get rid of)
Leave work at a reasonable hour each day
Limit pinterest addiction (it’s embarrassing, really)
Keep on blogging! At least once a week share thoughts, ideas, challenges, triumphs, etc through this forum
22. Learn how to be a better blogger (and a more widely read blogger)
23. Learn to box, really, I want pink boxing gloves and something to hit
24. Try to improve sleep habits
25. Save up for a really cool family vacation
Try to listen to my teenager better instead of just talking at him
Talk to mom more
28. Discover more of my state (there are tons of hidden treasures I’ve never seen)
Take more photos on my actual camera instead of my phone
Learn some new aspects of the job I’ve been doing for a long time
Figure out some additional ways to get income into the household
32. Take better care of my car (it has over 100,000 miles and it has to last!)
33. Fit better in my clothes
34. Lighten up mentally!
35. Surprise my sweetheart with a weekend away
Girls only day trip (A weekend in NOLA with the girls, baby!)
37. Climb that stupid mountain
38. Read magazines, then recycle (so hard to part with some of them, and no, I’m NOT a hoarder)
39. Push my limits in all ways
Don’t forget to be kind, to myself and others
Look good in THOSE jeans again Screw it, I bought new ones!
42. Give myself a reason to replace my sneakers at this time next year
43. Sing even if I’m not great at it
44. Do more with less
45. Get things done right away when possible