I feel crummy. I’m going to the doctor later today. I tried to nap, but I couldn’t fall asleep. So here I am, thinking back on all those childhood doctor’s visits. I got sick a lot as a kid. Here are some of my memories of doctor’s visits (sorry if some are a repeat, my brain is a little fuzzy right now).
1. Highlights Magazine. I couldn’t believe how naughty that Goofus character was and how good Gallant was. My favorite part of the magazine was the hidden pictures page.
2. A lollipop at the end of the visit. My current doctor’s office still has them, although theirs are sugar free.
3. The time my pediatrician told me there was a bunny rabbit inside my ear and that’s why it hurt so much. I didn’t believe him, but it made the ear infection easier to bear.
4. The absolute terror I felt when I knew I was going to get a shot. My son handled that particular childhood trauma so much better than I did, but at 15 he still dreads them.
5. The nurse in her starched uniform complete with the little white cap. I have no problem with nurses in scrubs, doctors too, but something about that nurse’s uniform inspired confidence.