Guess what folks. It’s Award Time! Ok, this is so exciting for me that it’s ridiculous, but I’m giddy with the news that Mama, from Reinvention of Mama, has nominated me for not one, but four blogging awards! Hooray! Of course there are others she nominated too, and some of them are some of my favorites as well. The awards are as follows:
1. WordPress Family Award
Rules: Display the award on your blog, link back to the person who nominated you, nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
2. Semper Fidelis Award (for those who are ‘always faithful/always loyal)
3. Reader Appreciation Award for those who like and comment on a regular basis.
4. Liebster Award– for awesome blogs with smaller readerships
Rules: Display the award logo, thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you, post 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
Disclaimer: I don’t always know how many people follow your blogs. I don’t always know who has visited mine. These are blogs that are meaningful to me for various reasons all covered in one way or another by the above awards, so let’s not get too hung up on the particulars, and have some fun checking out some great blogs and bloggers.
My nominees are:
11 questions from Mama:
- At what age did you begin writing? I began at about age four, when I scrawled my name all over my territory with a Sharpie marker.
- Did you write any really bad high school angsty poetry? Care to share? I really didn’t. I did more journaling at that time. I did submit a satire piece to the high school literary magazine that I rediscovered recently. It’s not funny enough to bother retyping, though.
- What is your favorite novel to read? I really enjoy Young Adult novels. Catcher in the Rye might be my favorite, but I do love The Hunger Games series. The Time Traveler’s Wife stayed with me for a long time, too.
- Are there any books you have read more than once? I’m a teacher, there are lots. I’ve also reread a few for pleasure too, but not many, there are so many I haven’t read yet that I want to read new ones.
- If you’re writing a book, what genre? Oh, I write a little of this and a little of that. There’s a mystery thing started, and a memoir too.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Gator Boys. Love them.
- If you could do anything, completely start over -what would it be? Maybe meet my fiancé sooner? I don’t think we were ready for each other though, so I think I’m fine with the timeline of my life as it has happened.
- What’s the funniest thing you have done recently? Funny, ha ha, or funny weird? Can’t think of either so I suppose it doesn’t matter. Next!
- Hoping that you have a good friend to call on when you need her/him, at what age did you meet them? I have several from different times in my life. I’m still friends with people from elementary school. Some of my best friends have been fixtures in my life since the following ages: 12, 17, 22, 35, 40, and 44. Aren’t I fortunate? I know I am.
- What state would you live in if you could pick up and move, no holds barred? I did pick up and move, and I came here to Arizona. It’s home now.
- Is city or country living for you? Neither. I’m a suburban girl, through and through. I did my city living in my twenties, but now it’s the ‘burbs for me.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I dislike watermelon, peanut butter, and cucumbers.
2. I kill plants. Not on purpose. It just happens.
3. I have an irrational fear of giant cockroaches. I know everyone hates them, but seeing them causes a near panic state in me.
4. I was adopted at birth.
5. Underneath a sometimes bold exterior I’m fairly shy, at least at first.
6. I’m having a ball trying new things as I age, and caring less about what “the world” thinks of what I do or say.
7. Number six is partly a lie. I really do care what people think of the things I say, or at least about the things I write.
8. My favorite treadmill music is Cher belting out disco tunes at high volume.
9. In my dreams I can sing.
10. I love to see new places, even if some people think travel is a form of “fairy dust” that people sprinkle on themselves in order to seem more interesting.
11. I will ever believe in the power of flying pigs.
11 questions from Me:
- Where were you born?
- Of what are you proud?
- Of what are you afraid?
- Other than writing, what are your creative outlets?
- How do you take care of yourself?
- How do you know when you’re done writing a piece?
- What stupid things have you done that you don’t regret?
- If you had to move somewhere new, where would you go?
- What is your favorite time of the day or night? Why?
- What is something you miss from your childhood?
- What was your favorite book in fourth grade?
I hope you have fun checking out some new blogs, and if you’re on the list above, thanks for inspiring me!
September 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm
Your marker story sparked a memory… one of the two times my dad ever spanked me as a kid was after I wrote on the top of his ‘mock top convertable’ with a big magic marker. 🙂 Thanks for the great replies and enjoy!
September 13, 2013 at 8:23 pm
Oh no! Bet you never did that again!
September 13, 2013 at 8:23 pm
No ma’am. I still get nervous around markers to this day. 😉 Just kidding. Also, my absolute rock friends are ones I’ve had since 3rd or 4th grade. Best gift ever.
September 13, 2013 at 8:25 pm
I wanted to send all those awards back to you, but I thought it was against the rules. I should have done it anyway, I’m a rebel!
September 13, 2013 at 8:22 pm
Wow so cool! I’m definitely honored you chose to include me and congrats on your awards!
September 13, 2013 at 9:20 pm
I so enjoy your blog, it was a pleasure to share with you!
September 13, 2013 at 8:57 pm
Thank you for the award – it was so sweet of you to recognize me.
Peanut butter and cucumbers I can accept – but not liking watermelon.
When I was pregnant two things I craved all the time: watermelon and gyros with extra sauce.
It was a wonder that the baby wasn’t born with dark green stripes.
Have an amazing weekend.
Waving at you from Cape Cod.
September 13, 2013 at 9:22 pm
Waving back to you at the Cape. My favorite vacation ever was at the Cape a couple of summers ago. My Cuffy’s sweatshirt takes me right back. The gyros I could have done, even with cucumber, but the watermelon? I think not.
September 13, 2013 at 11:28 pm
I’m so honored to be nominated by you!!! I want to make sure I follow directions correctly… Is there a main website somewhere or anything similar so I know exactly what to do? You are so sweet! Keep on blogging, I love reading your pieces! And you have inspired me too… I’m trying desperately to get back in shape after birthing a second child, and having zero luck! We have a membership at an amazing gym with childcare, but we can’t use it right now because Cadence can’t risk the germ exposure in her current state. So I’m always looking for ways to be active at home with the kids… Aside from running. I hate running. After reading your boxing post about the jump roping I started thinking… And then searched amazon… And now a friendly delivery guy will be bringing me a jump rope of my own in a few days thanks to your inspiration! So I’m certain the pounds will just shed off now, right??? I have 17 pounds to lose to not be considered overweight, and I’ve been in that place now for 10 months straight. Here’s hoping the jump rope will be the inspiration!!! 🙂
September 13, 2013 at 11:31 pm
Jump, Lara, Jump! I’m glad you found some inspiration. I need to pick up that evil jump rope and try again myself. In terms of rules, I have no idea if there’s some sort of central blogging award agency. I just copied from Mama’s blog (which you might enjoy) and ran with it. I’m a slacker, I know. 🙂
September 14, 2013 at 5:09 am
Congrats, Heidi!! Just so you know, I read your blog every day! You are an amazing writer and so inspirational.
I also love my Cubby’s sweatshirt-btw 😉
September 14, 2013 at 7:03 am
Thanks Jean! It’s wonderful to know that there really are readers for my silly ramblings! 🙂
September 17, 2013 at 7:48 am
Thanks so much for the nomination, and for supporting my blog!! Hopefully I can get around to answering questions soon.
September 19, 2013 at 9:14 pm
No hurry, but I’d love to read your replies. I enjoy your sassy attitude and no holds barred approach.
September 23, 2013 at 12:33 pm
Thank you! How nice of you to say. 🙂
September 17, 2013 at 9:35 am
Thank you for your nomination! We heart you too!
September 19, 2013 at 9:13 pm
Pingback: Blog Award Lovelies| You Are The Winner Of… | The Lovely Photog
September 23, 2013 at 4:31 pm
Thought I replied, but maybe I forgot to click something! Thanks for the kind words and for sharing the love.