Guess what folks. It’s Award Time! Ok, this is so exciting for me that it’s ridiculous, but I’m giddy with the news that Mama, from Reinvention of Mama, has nominated me for not one, but four blogging awards! Hooray! Of course there are others she nominated too, and some of them are some of my favorites as well. The awards are as follows:
1. WordPress Family Award
Rules: Display the award on your blog, link back to the person who nominated you, nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
2. Semper Fidelis Award (for those who are ‘always faithful/always loyal)
3. Reader Appreciation Award for those who like and comment on a regular basis.
4. Liebster Award– for awesome blogs with smaller readerships
Rules: Display the award logo, thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you, post 11 random facts about yourself, nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
Disclaimer: I don’t always know how many people follow your blogs. I don’t always know who has visited mine. These are blogs that are meaningful to me for various reasons all covered in one way or another by the above awards, so let’s not get too hung up on the particulars, and have some fun checking out some great blogs and bloggers.
My nominees are:
11 questions from Mama:
- At what age did you begin writing? I began at about age four, when I scrawled my name all over my territory with a Sharpie marker.
- Did you write any really bad high school angsty poetry? Care to share? I really didn’t. I did more journaling at that time. I did submit a satire piece to the high school literary magazine that I rediscovered recently. It’s not funny enough to bother retyping, though.
- What is your favorite novel to read? I really enjoy Young Adult novels. Catcher in the Rye might be my favorite, but I do love The Hunger Games series. The Time Traveler’s Wife stayed with me for a long time, too.
- Are there any books you have read more than once? I’m a teacher, there are lots. I’ve also reread a few for pleasure too, but not many, there are so many I haven’t read yet that I want to read new ones.
- If you’re writing a book, what genre? Oh, I write a little of this and a little of that. There’s a mystery thing started, and a memoir too.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Gator Boys. Love them.
- If you could do anything, completely start over -what would it be? Maybe meet my fiancé sooner? I don’t think we were ready for each other though, so I think I’m fine with the timeline of my life as it has happened.
- What’s the funniest thing you have done recently? Funny, ha ha, or funny weird? Can’t think of either so I suppose it doesn’t matter. Next!
- Hoping that you have a good friend to call on when you need her/him, at what age did you meet them? I have several from different times in my life. I’m still friends with people from elementary school. Some of my best friends have been fixtures in my life since the following ages: 12, 17, 22, 35, 40, and 44. Aren’t I fortunate? I know I am.
- What state would you live in if you could pick up and move, no holds barred? I did pick up and move, and I came here to Arizona. It’s home now.
- Is city or country living for you? Neither. I’m a suburban girl, through and through. I did my city living in my twenties, but now it’s the ‘burbs for me.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I dislike watermelon, peanut butter, and cucumbers.
2. I kill plants. Not on purpose. It just happens.
3. I have an irrational fear of giant cockroaches. I know everyone hates them, but seeing them causes a near panic state in me.
4. I was adopted at birth.
5. Underneath a sometimes bold exterior I’m fairly shy, at least at first.
6. I’m having a ball trying new things as I age, and caring less about what “the world” thinks of what I do or say.
7. Number six is partly a lie. I really do care what people think of the things I say, or at least about the things I write.
8. My favorite treadmill music is Cher belting out disco tunes at high volume.
9. In my dreams I can sing.
10. I love to see new places, even if some people think travel is a form of “fairy dust” that people sprinkle on themselves in order to seem more interesting.
11. I will ever believe in the power of flying pigs.
11 questions from Me:
- Where were you born?
- Of what are you proud?
- Of what are you afraid?
- Other than writing, what are your creative outlets?
- How do you take care of yourself?
- How do you know when you’re done writing a piece?
- What stupid things have you done that you don’t regret?
- If you had to move somewhere new, where would you go?
- What is your favorite time of the day or night? Why?
- What is something you miss from your childhood?
- What was your favorite book in fourth grade?
I hope you have fun checking out some new blogs, and if you’re on the list above, thanks for inspiring me!