Can I get a woot woot?! Mama, of Reinvention of Mama, has given me a shout out with a Sunshine Award. This one is for bloggers who, “Positively and Creatively Inspire Others in the Blogosphere.” Wow, I like the sound of that! Thanks, Mama.
Blogging awards are fun, and a great way to find and follow blogs you may not have seen before. That being said, not all bloggers have the time or inclination to accept awards, and in my opinion that’s fine. They are not meant to be a burden!
If you do choose to accept, the rules for this award are:
1) Use the Sunshine Award logo in the post. 2) Link to whoever nominated you. 3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself. 4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” 5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Ten pieces of information about me:
- I just signed up for NaNoWriMo and I’m scared! The goal is 50,000 words in 30 days. Gulp. If you’re doing it, let’s be writing buddies!
- I’m probably more excited than I ought to be about my new MacBook, just for blogging and writing. It’s actually five years old, but new to me.
- When people get my name wrong they always call me Wendy.
- I’ve been slacking off on exercise and it feels bad. Ew.
- I like my belly dance DVD but it’s really difficult for me. Practice, practice, practice.
- The State Fair simultaneously intrigues me and creeps me out.
- I’m an adoptee who knows virtually nothing about the circumstances of my existence. Most days I don’t think about this, but deep down I find it somewhat unsettling and deeply unjust. I have no problem with the fact that it happened. It’s the secrets and lies that bother me.
- I wish my sweet tooth had a dial on it so I could turn it down, or even off at times. The more sweets I eat, the more I crave them, and I usually cave in to the craving.
- I’m still trying to figure out why some blog posts get lots of traffic and reactions and others get very little. What’s the secret?
- I’m messier than I would like to be and I wish there was a little cleaning fairy who would stop by my house once in a while. She/he could also stop by my classroom now and then, too.
Ten bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”:
7. Life as a Country Bumpkin… Not a City Girl
8. Alison Sye
October 20, 2013 at 12:55 pm
Congrats on the award! Writing a novel in a month…wow…quite a challenge. My 17 year old is talking about doing the same. Am I the big chicken in the bunch?
October 20, 2013 at 6:46 pm
Thank you. You should try it, there’s nothing to lose.
October 20, 2013 at 2:21 pm
Congrats, yet again!! 🙂
October 20, 2013 at 6:47 pm
Thank you, again. 🙂
October 20, 2013 at 7:32 pm
Thanks lovely lady! This nomination is very deeply appreciated, and I’m humbled!
October 22, 2013 at 12:14 am
Thank you so much for choosing me! ❤ 🙂
October 22, 2013 at 12:28 am
I signed up for the NaNoWriMo Challenge too! 🙂 I’m excited and scared lol 🙂
October 22, 2013 at 5:39 am
It’s kind of crazy, isn’t it? 🙂
October 22, 2013 at 10:25 am
It is! lol Now my wheels are turning. I have really bad writer’s block when I start a story. I can never finish. Maybe now is my chance to finally complete one. Even if it’s short 🙂 How do you feel about it?
Pingback: Awards and Me … | Life with Tess
November 16, 2013 at 12:00 pm
I sometimes envy people who do not know where they are from, are who created them. They can make up the stores. Me mine is not so great. Sometimes it haunts me. And that was sixty seven years ago. As Tina Turner sank, “what does love have to do with it.?”
November 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm
I understand what you’re saying. Thanks for sharing your point of view.