Can I get a woot woot?! Mama, of Reinvention of Mama, has given me a shout out with a Sunshine Award. This one is for bloggers who, “Positively and Creatively Inspire Others in the Blogosphere.” Wow, I like the sound of that! Thanks, Mama.
Blogging awards are fun, and a great way to find and follow blogs you may not have seen before. That being said, not all bloggers have the time or inclination to accept awards, and in my opinion that’s fine. They are not meant to be a burden!
1) Use the Sunshine Award logo in the post. 2) Link to whoever nominated you. 3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself. 4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” 5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
Ten pieces of information about me:
- I just signed up for NaNoWriMo and I’m scared! The goal is 50,000 words in 30 days. Gulp. If you’re doing it, let’s be writing buddies!
- I’m probably more excited than I ought to be about my new MacBook, just for blogging and writing. It’s actually five years old, but new to me.
- When people get my name wrong they always call me Wendy.
- I’ve been slacking off on exercise and it feels bad. Ew.
- I like my belly dance DVD but it’s really difficult for me. Practice, practice, practice.
- The State Fair simultaneously intrigues me and creeps me out.
- I’m an adoptee who knows virtually nothing about the circumstances of my existence. Most days I don’t think about this, but deep down I find it somewhat unsettling and deeply unjust. I have no problem with the fact that it happened. It’s the secrets and lies that bother me.
- I wish my sweet tooth had a dial on it so I could turn it down, or even off at times. The more sweets I eat, the more I crave them, and I usually cave in to the craving.
- I’m still trying to figure out why some blog posts get lots of traffic and reactions and others get very little. What’s the secret?
- I’m messier than I would like to be and I wish there was a little cleaning fairy who would stop by my house once in a while. She/he could also stop by my classroom now and then, too.
Ten bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”:
8. Alison Sye