I found this post this morning. Apparently the author is a cardiologist in India, hoping to inform and educate his patients. The information is not new or earth shattering, but having it all organized into one nice, neat little list is helpful to me. These are excellent reasons to exercise, and I for one, need these reminders more than I would like to admit. I hope you enjoy the read.
Exercise: The Best Medicine.
Let us talk about Exercise!
Tell me which is the cheapest medicine?
Exercise! And why is that?
Exercise has lots of advantages. Let us learn about its benefits!
- Exercise decreases blood pressure.
- Exercise reduces blood sugar levels.
- It decreases the incidence of diabetes.
- It improves lung and heart capacity.
- It improves exercise tolerance.
- It increases bone density making them stronger.
- Prevents age related osteoarthritis.
- It reduces joint problems, especially arthritis of the knees.
- It strengthens the spine.
- It improves mental health and elevates the mood.
- It reduces anxiety.
- It reduces incidence of heart attacks and debilitating strokes.
- Reduces progression of dementia.
- It reduces frequency of angina in patients with coronary heart disease.
- It improves cardiac capacity in patients with heart failure (weak hearts).
The list of benefits is endless!
And What is the best part?
It is totally FREE unlike a visit to the doctor or…
View original post 72 more words