I confess, my brain is mush. I’m working my tail off trying to finish my novel for NaNoWriMo and it’s leaving me with a mushy soft brain, incapable of earth shattering insights. I apologize for this, but I assure you it’s only a temporary condition. I’ve been here before, this land of mush brain, and I’ve always found my way back. I have no doubt I’ll do it again. In the meantime, I offer you 5 more small things that just make me happy.
1. A freshly vacuumed rug. Even better is when it’s one in my home and the dog hair has all been sucked up.
2. Looking through old scrapbooks. Ah, the memories. And the stickers, and the wavy scissors, and the patterned paper! Ok, they aren’t that bad, and they do make me happy, regardless of how well or poorly they’re constructed.
3. My sunglasses. I love them. They’re Maui Jim’s and they’ve been repaired three times because apparently I have a freakishly large head and I’ve broken the bows three times. The last time they replaced them with titanium. That ought to hold.
4. Motown Music. It just makes me happy. I like to play it in the classroom from time to time when we let our hair down. The kids enjoy it as much as I do.
5. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I don’t really need to explain this one, do I? I didn’t think so.