I confess, my brain is mush. I’m working my tail off trying to finish my novel for NaNoWriMo and it’s leaving me with a mushy soft brain, incapable of earth shattering insights. I apologize for this, but I assure you it’s only a temporary condition. I’ve been here before, this land of mush brain, and I’ve always found my way back. I have no doubt I’ll do it again. In the meantime, I offer you 5 more small things that just make me happy.
1. A freshly vacuumed rug. Even better is when it’s one in my home and the dog hair has all been sucked up.
2. Looking through old scrapbooks. Ah, the memories. And the stickers, and the wavy scissors, and the patterned paper! Ok, they aren’t that bad, and they do make me happy, regardless of how well or poorly they’re constructed.
3. My sunglasses. I love them. They’re Maui Jim’s and they’ve been repaired three times because apparently I have a freakishly large head and I’ve broken the bows three times. The last time they replaced them with titanium. That ought to hold.
4. Motown Music. It just makes me happy. I like to play it in the classroom from time to time when we let our hair down. The kids enjoy it as much as I do.
5. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I don’t really need to explain this one, do I? I didn’t think so.
November 26, 2013 at 6:29 am
Love the rug one! Especially walking on it in bare feet hehe 😀
November 26, 2013 at 6:31 am
Even better if someone else has done the vacuuming. 🙂
November 26, 2013 at 6:55 am
Haha so true! 😛
November 26, 2013 at 12:17 pm
November 26, 2013 at 3:49 pm
I know, right? 🙂
November 26, 2013 at 2:06 pm
Very sweet I enjoy all of them plus the idea!
November 26, 2013 at 3:50 pm
Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the feedback. 🙂
November 26, 2013 at 8:01 pm
November 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm
Thank you for reading my blog, I’ve nominated you for The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
I understand if you’ve already been nominated or tired of accepting awards, etc. Just know you’re appreciated.