Monday morning, ugh.
I’m not a fan of Mondays. I’m not a fan of transitions, in general. It took me a long time to realize this about myself, but it’s true.
I used to think that I just didn’t like going to bed, and I don’t, but I don’t like waking up either. I don’t like getting into the shower, but getting out is no fun either. Same with a swimming pool. I love being wet, that’s not the issue. It’s the getting wet that I don’t like, and the getting dry too. Transitions.
Here’s today’s Monday thought catalog:
- I have playground duty this morning. Ugh.
- It’s cold outside (well, relatively speaking, I know…54 isn’t really that cold), and I have playground duty.
- It poured last night, leaving the fields wet and muddy, and it’s cold, and I have playground duty.
- My math tests didn’t quite finish scoring themselves.
- My students are still struggling terribly with division.
- This week we start the dreaded fractions unit.
- After school I have a dental appointment.
- I have the chance to get some fresh air before school and chat with the kids.
- It’s a brisk morning, so I’ll want to walk around and get some exercise while I’m outside.
- There will be plenty of kids on the blacktop to visit with.
- I have some time this afternoon to finish scoring the math tests.
- I’ve pinpointed the kids who need the most help with division.
- Fractions are necessary and kids generally enjoy learning about them, at least at first.
- I have good dental insurance and a terrific dental office to take care of me.
That second list is a lot more palatable. I think I’ll go with that one today. I hope your transition into the work week is a smooth one and that you’re able to see your little challenges as speed bumps rather than mountains.