I’m on fall break from school, and it’s a wonderful feeling. The weather has finally broken (by that I mean it’s not scorching outside 24/7) and I’m feeling pretty motivated.
For some reason 23 seems to be a good number to me, so here’s my list of stuff I want to do today or SOON. What’s on your list? Any fun stuff?
- Post on BulgingButtons ( See what I did there? It’s always good to start with success!)
- Eat apples and honey in honor of Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year, which is today).
- Get groceries, including apples and honey
- Put away the clean dishes
- Sort the laundry
- Get my doctor’s appointment over with ( a follow up to my lovely twisted ovary situation from July, which, it occurs to me, I never wrote about )
- Finish Maya Angelou’s I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (it’s wonderful, I can’t believe I waited this long to read it)
- Clear off my desk
- Get the laundry done
- Shave my legs (TMI?)
- Get a pedicure. I’m thinking orange for October
- Go through the piled up mail
- Collect the next batch of mail from the mailbox ( I don’t get there too often)
- Clear off the kitchen island
- Recycle a few boxes
- Start the laundry
- Make my bed
- Create a menu for the week (this should be done before #3, of course)
- Finish reading Ransom Riggs’ Library of Souls (from the Miss Peregrine series)
- Read at least one of my teaching books that I have in my “to read” stack
- Take the puppy on a nice long walk
- Steam clean the bathroom floor (it was that or work on revisions to my manuscript…)
So you see I have plenty to do this week. Some of those items take a few minutes, some a few hours, and others a great deal longer (those darn revisions). At least I have a plan, sketchy as it may be.
How do you approach your “to do” list? Are you a list maker? I’d love to hear from you in the comments, and whatever you’ve got going on today, I hope it’s productive and makes you feel accomplished.