Okay, I’m not as much of a monster as the title may imply, but really? Cookie sales so early in the year? So close to the resolutions I didn’t make?
I know that there are different Girl Scout cookie sales windows in different regions, but here in my community the cookie sales have begun. This would be less problematic if any, or better yet all, of the conditions weren’t an issue:
- They are so yummy.
- I need to get healthier.
- There is an adorable little girl scout just waiting for me each morning at school (my dear friend’s kid, whom I’ve known since before her birth).
- There are several other girl scouts waiting for me at school.
- I used to be a troop leader and sympathize.
- I believe in supporting children’s organizations.
- They are so frigging yummy. Especially Tagalongs. And Thin Mints. Of course Thin Mints.
So there you have it. My cookie problem is back, and along with it a renewed battle to find the balance between a yummy life and long and healthy life. I’m sure there must be a balance somewhere, but I just haven’t found the sweet spot yet.