I read a wonderful post on Mrs. N’s blog the other day. She has been posting about gratitude, which is very timely in this season of Thanksgiving. The post that caught my eye had a quote from Piglet, and being a Winnie the Pooh fan, it drew me in immediately. The post inspired me to write a quick little list of my own. Following are five small things for which I am thankful. I know there are a million others, and this list isn’t even a top five, just five random things off the top of my head. I hope you enjoy my list and create one of your own. If you do, please link back here so we can all enjoy each other’s small things.
1. Going to sleep in a freshly made bed. I love the light scent of the detergent and the soft fabric against my cheek. I love when the bed is wrinkle free and so inviting. Ah, the thought of it makes me want to go back to bed!
2. The sound of children singing. It can be my students singing in a performance that they have rehearsed for or the sound of a three year old singing itsy-bitsy spider.
3. The spicy cinnamon sweetness of Hot Tamale candies. The hard shell on the outside crunches and the spicy sweet goodness overwhelms your mouth. Yum.
4. The greeting my dog gives me when I get home. She wags her tail with her entire body, and acts as though seeing me again is the best thing that has ever happened to her. The miracle is that she does this every single time.
5. Catching a glimpse of one of my flying pigs. I have a collection of them, many of them gifts from people dear to my heart. To me they are the ultimate symbol of optimism. They just make me happy.
There are so many more small things that make me happy, I could go on for days. I wonder, what small things make you happy?