Hello my dear readers. I’m sure you’ve been waiting on the edge of your seats to find out all about the visit I paid to the nutritionist last week. Well, here it is in a nutshell: it didn’t suck. I expected it to, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Some reasons why it didn’t suck:
- She was nice.
- She asked me what I like.
- She DID NOT make me hop on the scale first thing.
- She DID NOT make me ban anything from my diet.
- She asked me where my motivation was on a 1-10 scale and was fine with my completely honest 7.
- She DID NOT ask me to keep a food diary.
- She showed me specific numbers from my most recent blood work and explained how my diet affects those numbers.
- She DID NOT treat me like an idiot.
- She took her time explaining things to me and answering my questions.
- She was nice.
Honestly, I knew some of what she shared but I learned some new things too. I came away armed with some strategies that are totally do-able and somehow that 7 has ticked over to at least an 8. And yes, I did get on the scale before I left, because I wanted a starting point. I made a follow-up appointment too, and so far, so good. I have a feeling that appointment will go well.
August 23, 2015 at 9:06 am
Good for!!! Good luck. I need to follow in your footsteps. Just put my jeans on for the first time since June.
August 23, 2015 at 11:15 am
I had to get new ones. Ow indeed!
August 25, 2015 at 4:42 pm
Haven’t visited you in a while but am so so so glad everything went well; hugs!
August 25, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Thanks Gale, so nice to hear from you.😀