Today I took myself to the movies. I wanted to see the film about Mr. Rogers, Won’t You Be My Neighbor? I didn’t have anyone to go with, so I went alone. There were about five other people in the theater, and I had a row to myself. Then again, it was 9:30 am on a Tuesday.
I enjoyed the film. It was fairly slow paced, much like Mr. Rogers himself. I was never a huge fan of the show, but I admit that I watched it from time to time.
1. All people deserve to be loved.
2. Listening requires your heart as well as your ears.
3. Children’s feelings are just as valid and real as adults’ feelings.
4. Slowing down isn’t a bad thing.
5. Children look to adults for protection and models of how to behave.
6. Children deserve our time, attention, and best efforts.
Thank you for being such a good neighbor, Mr. Rogers.
July 3, 2018 at 5:01 pm
i love everything he did and stood for
July 3, 2018 at 6:33 pm
I do believe he had a huge positive impact on many lives. Thanks for reading.